Friday 20 May 2011

Sci-Friday



Sci-Friday on Books...and stuff is here to celebrate all manner of science fictiony goodness - and fantasy too!  They go hand in hand Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Now Sci-Friday was supposed to launch (into space fnar!) last week but with problems on Blogger this did not happen.

Now this is not as big a problem as I thought because - the British Library is launching it's Out of this World: Science Fiction but not as you know it today - how is that for serendipity?  Maybe the distant space gods have chosen me as their prophet to spread the gospel (probably not).

Now I love Science Fiction (and Fantasy) it is genre fiction that made me the voracious reader I am today!  So Sci-Friday will be my space to celebrate the books and authors I loved as a child and the authors that I respect as creators of the weird and fantastic today - yes I still love the authors that write for me even if they have no idea who I am but I say respect because a grown man professing love for a wide range of people across the world would be weird and geeky - which actually does describe me (sort of).

So authors of the weird and fantastic I love you all!  Thank you for writing the works you do, this is just to let you know that I will be tracking you down one by one to say a big thank you and maybe... just maybe give you all a BIG HUG!

I will be going to Out of this World on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment